Triumphs Indian Success - Triumph Daytona 250

post #1 of 10 Old 06-23-2014, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Triumphs Indian Success

Triumph has sold 450 bikes in 190 days of operation in India and that is without a low displacement option.

Looks like the Daytona 250 could be built in Karnataka where TRiumph is building a full fledged manufacturing facility.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/06/t...90-days-132350

2008 WR250R
post #2 of 10 Old 06-23-2014, 06:35 PM

good to know, i hope that build quality still remains good.

post #3 of 10 Old 06-26-2014, 01:06 PM

So you have to figure that with the addition of a lower displacement option that Triumph will see its sales increase pretty dramatically. I bet they make much better margins on the more high powered bikes.

post #4 of 10 Old 06-26-2014, 03:45 PM

it would, just like almost every bike maker that does it, it's a good move that can help to push the sales of their future bikes that are in higher segments.

post #5 of 10 Old 07-04-2014, 01:26 PM

It seems like many motorcycles brands are just getting into the Indian market, and they are all going to want to compete for those low displacement sales in the hopes that those people will come back for bigger bikes further down the road. It offers the chance for some of the less popular brands to start a new since many brands entering the region are unknown to India. KTM for example, has really established itself in India.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-04-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
It seems like many motorcycles brands are just getting into the Indian market, and they are all going to want to compete for those low displacement sales in the hopes that those people will come back for bigger bikes further down the road. It offers the chance for some of the less popular brands to start a new since many brands entering the region are unknown to India. KTM for example, has really established itself in India.
that's what i noticed and ktm does offer a nice range of smaller bikes, i think they really have the upper hand in those segments for now

post #7 of 10 Old 07-05-2014, 11:39 PM

i'm not too worried with how triumph will do in india with ktm their
post #8 of 10 Old 07-09-2014, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
No they're not going for upsales to larger bikes, they're going for VOLUME. Thats what all the small displacement bikes are about, baseline volume that funds higher spec projects.

Please don't make India out to be some wasteland of uninformed people. Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki have all been there for AGES. As has Enfield...

2008 WR250R
post #9 of 10 Old 07-09-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
No they're not going for upsales to larger bikes, they're going for VOLUME. Thats what all the small displacement bikes are about, baseline volume that funds higher spec projects.

Please don't make India out to be some wasteland of uninformed people. Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki have all been there for AGES. As has Enfield...
That's exactly it, i'm noticing that they're also making it a global effort to make more of these volume models and in more places.

I think India has had lower displacement bikes for a while, something we're starting to see here slowly, the Honda Grom as an example, something American's are familiar with.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-10-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelin View Post
That's exactly it, i'm noticing that they're also making it a global effort to make more of these volume models and in more places.

I think India has had lower displacement bikes for a while, something we're starting to see here slowly, the Honda Grom as an example, something American's are familiar with.
it's the best thing to do at a time when these types of bikes are really in demand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Daytona 250 forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page