Electric Bikes - Triumph Daytona 250
 1Likes

post #1 of 14 Old 07-26-2014, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Electric Bikes

Would anyone here consider an electric bike in the future? I see the industry is slowly bringing them to market and eventually will become the norm.

post #2 of 14 Old 07-28-2014, 01:50 PM

I could see myself on one in the future but I would have to wait for them to both become cheaper and to increase their range. In maybe 5 years I could see it though. It would be nice to not have to fill up on gas and just plug-in my motorcycle when I got home each day instead.
LouisXIII likes this.
post #3 of 14 Old 07-29-2014, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
I could see myself on one in the future but I would have to wait for them to both become cheaper and to increase their range. In maybe 5 years I could see it though. It would be nice to not have to fill up on gas and just plug-in my motorcycle when I got home each day instead.
sounds good, that is good timing, by then we should see a wide range of electric bikes on the road and even better support when it comes to charging.

post #4 of 14 Old 07-31-2014, 01:43 PM

i've been looking into this bike for a few weeks now: http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/06/27...ic-motorcycle/
post #5 of 14 Old 07-31-2014, 06:01 PM

^that bike doesn't exist...

I'd never own one as my ONLY bike. I'd keep one as a toy if the price was right. Torque is so stupid instant...

2008 WR250R
post #6 of 14 Old 08-01-2014, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

I know, there are only concepts of it, but it seems to be something that harley has planned to put through

post #7 of 14 Old 08-13-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
^that bike doesn't exist...

I'd never own one as my ONLY bike. I'd keep one as a toy if the price was right. Torque is so stupid instant...
I would own it as my only bike as long as it was able to live up to the task. They just need to make sure that the range is high enough. Other than that, I have no qualms with electric bikes. And it would have to be an acceptable price.
post #8 of 14 Old 08-13-2014, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Yup, range is key, as long as range is not going to be a problem with my commuting and long road trips i wont have a problem.

post #9 of 14 Old 08-13-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
I would own it as my only bike as long as it was able to live up to the task. They just need to make sure that the range is high enough. Other than that, I have no qualms with electric bikes. And it would have to be an acceptable price.
thats why I would never own one as my only one. Its not able to live up to the task. I can get gasoline in 5 minutes on a ride up to the cabin, how long do I need to wait for a recharge?

2008 WR250R
post #10 of 14 Old 08-14-2014, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

I can see myself riding one in the city for commuting too and from the office.
But i'm going to miss my petrol engine and because of that i will have to own both if I do go for electric.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Triumph Daytona 250 forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page